Name of Project: Tripoli's Tower Complex ( Libya )
Location: Tripoli – Libya
Client: Libyan Consolidated Contractors Company “LCCC”
Year of construction: 2008
Budget: 36,000,000 EGP
The project located in the coastal road, souk al talat area, Tripoli.
The area contained a lot of luxury five stars hotels.
The project consists of two towers (hotel and offices)
The substructure consists of four basement constructed within the perimeter diaphragm wall and pilled raft foundation system. The basement in general is occupied by car parking and various planet rooms and water tanks. The main design considerations include:
- Maximize economy of the structure and ensure ease of construction.
- Transfer the building loads from the tower through to the lowest basement level and into the foundation system.
- Retain the external soil pressures.
- Withstand and first impact from earthquakes.
- Provide the desired level of water tightness.
- Resist any uplift pressures from groundwater.
Scope of work:
- 12,000 meter square
- Thickness 800 mm
- Depth 22 meter
- 510 piles with diameter 1000 mm , length 45 meter allowable compression load 472 tons
- 554 piles with diameter 1200 mm , length 45 meter allowable compression load 679 tons
1050 ground anchor